Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sahar Biniaz was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2012 - She will represent Canada in Miss Universe 2012 - Sahar Biniaz Photos/Profile/Biography


Miss Universe Canada 2012

TORONTO, Ontario, Canada - Sahar Biniaz (26, 1.73m, Vancouver) was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2012 at the Bluma Appel Theater in Toronto. She will represent Canada in Miss Universe 2012 next December. Adwoa Yamoah was the first runner-up and Madj Soudi
was the second runner-up. Katie Starke and Kesiah Papasin completed the Top Five.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.timesofbeauty.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

Sahar Biniaz Crowned Miss Universe Canada 2012

Sahar Biniaz was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2012 at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts (Bluma Appel Theatre) in Toronto on Saturday, May 19th, 2012. She will represent Canada in Miss Universe 2012 Pageant to be held this December.

The first runner-up was Adwoa Yamoah, the second runner-up was Majd Soudi, the third runner-up was Katie Starke and the fourth runner-up was Kesiah Papasin.

Top 5 Miss Universe Canada 2012: KATIE STARKE, SAHAR BINIAZ, KESIAH PAPASIN, ADWOA YAMOAH, MAJD SOUDI.

Top 12 Miss Universe Canada 2012: Jenna Talackova, Ines Kipre, Chelsea Bird, Sarah Harrison, Suzette Hernandez, Katie Starke, Kesiah Papasin, Maria Nahri, Majd Soudi, Dajana Radovanovic, Adwoa Yamoah, Sahar Biniaz.

More photos of Sahar Biniaz, newly crowned Miss Universe Canada 2012. Sahar Biniaz won the title at the Bluma Appel Theatre in Toronto on Saturday, May 19th, 2012. The 26-year-old beauty from Vancouver stands 1.73m. She will represent Canada in Miss Universe 2012Pageant to be held this December. She was the second runner-up in Miss Tourism Queen International 2008. Congratulations and good luck in Miss Universe 2012!!!!




source: (Thank you and credits to
http://beautypageantnews.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

Miss Universe Canada 2012 - Sahar Biniaz Profile/Biography


Sahar Biniaz | Miss Universe Canada 2012

Age: 26

Height: 5'8"

Hometown: Vancouver

BIO: Sahar Biniaz was born in India, raised in Iran, and is now a proud Canadian citizen living in Vancouver.

She graduated with honors from Stella Adler Academy in Los Angeles, in performing arts. Currently she is working as an actress in film and television.

Her recent credits include the lead role in an upcoming anticipated Iranian film “Ambrosia” and a reoccurring guest star roles in two hit TV series “Sanctuary” and “Smallville”, which both air in numerous countries around the world.

Her roles portraying a goddess and a superhero are a striking parallel to her real life character.

From volunteering in Thailand orphanages to traveling to jaw dropping locations around the world while raising awareness and convincing people to be organ donors, she is able to achieve any goal regardless its scale or fear factor.

Being voted as one of the most stylish people in Vancouver, she makes sure her firearm license is tucked away and her heels are off while climbing mountains, riding motorcycles or meeting any other unexpected challenge that life might throw her way.

In accordance with her father’s advice that “beauty needs brains”, she has also completed her studies in Business Entrepreneurship from BCIT and Sauder School of business from UBC; and is an avid real estate investor.

Languages spoken fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language).

English, Farsi and Conversational Spanish

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

One of my goals in life is to travel to a new country every year. I have travelled to 22 countries and 40 major cities around the world. I believe travelling is one of the best investments in life because it fundamentally enriches our lives and offers a wonderful opportunity to know the diversity with which the world is filled.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.)

Bollywood Dancing Shiamak Dance Academy

Interior Design BCIT

Piano Tommy and Lee

Acting Workshop Ivana Chubbuck

Acting Workshop Larry Moss

On Camera Workshop Marc Brandon

Two Week Intensive School Creative

Scene Study Actors Foundry

In what sports, if any, have you participated?

Motorcycling

Soccer

Tennis

Skiing

Rollerblading

Horseback riding

Go Kart racing

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

My older brother has had the biggest influence on my life because he has always been there to guide me through hard times and he continues to teach me how to cope with the different challenges that life presents. I’ll always remember learning to swim for the first time, my brother pushed me into a swimming pool and told me that the only choice I had was to sink or swim. Even though it wasn’t a pleasant experience at the time, it taught me how to be brave and overcome my fears in order to achieve anything in life.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

As a child, my mother advised me that one of the most important things a woman can do is to become independent. I took this advice to heart and made it a priority in my life. Since my first job at age 10 delivering newspapers, I have never had to ask my parents for financial assistance. Fortunately, my success in the acting business allowed me to buy my first home and decorate it with my own personal style. Buying my own house gave me complete independence and it remains one of my proudest personal accomplishments.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

The most interesting thing I have experienced happened while vacationing in Thailand in 2005, when I got the chance to see Natalie Glebova win the title of Miss Universe. That was an amazing moment and it really inspired me to follow in Natalie Glebova’s footsteps and win the title of Miss Universe for Canada once again.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I am fortunate to be able to work in the field I am passionate about as an actor. My career ambition is to one day win a Best Actress Award for my film work. I also continue to hone my craft by attending acting workshops and observing other actors that I admire. I would love the opportunity to work with both of my mentors and idols: academy award nominated actress Shohreh Aghdashloo and renowned Iranian film director Bahman Ghobadi. Acting has taught me about my own inner emotions and helped me mature as a human being. I believe my hard work and dedication to always strive to improve as an actor will help me achieve my career goal!

What would be your “dream job” in life?

My dream job would be any job that makes me happy and provides me with the opportunity to inspire others. At this moment, I would love the position of “Miss Universe Canada”. It would be a privilege to have this strong platform to speak on behalf of different humanitarian issues and bring awareness to numerous causes. The Miss Universe Canada organization provides the skill, opportunities and mentoring for someone like me to achieve my personal goals and yet help the people that are less fortunate.

Are you currently a student?

Yes

If yes, where?

Vancouver Academy Of Dramatic Arts – Simon Longmore

Are you currently employed?

Yes

If yes, what is your occupation?

Actress

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

My childhood was very unique. I was born in India, raised in Iran, and now living in Canada. India was very special because of its culture and spirituality. In Iran, I learned about the values of family, tradition and non-material pleasures. I was very fortunate as a child because my father built an empire which afforded us financial freedom. However, my father chose to escape Iran’s oppressive regime, so he sacrificed his successful company and moved us to Canada. Though we had less wealth, it was in Canada that I learned the biggest joys in life are not material things, but rather the time and memories that I share with the people I love.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I played a role of a beauty contestant on a TV show.

List any volunteering you have done.

Various Student films

BC Organ Donor society

Varieties Children Charity fashion show

Pattaya orphanage in Bangkok, Thailand

Providing care, shelter and food for the homeless people in Downtown East Side.

What is your most unusual talent?

I can do an uncanny impersonation of my mother at any given time.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

Thailand. I got the chance to experience the country’s spectacular natural beauty, and I gained an understanding of its poverty and its people. My best memory of Thailand’s nature was when I kayaked through the exotic jungles of Krabi. While paddling down the river, hundreds of monkeys suddenly greeted me with loud shrieks and swam beside my kayak. They stayed with me as I made my way to my destination, the gorgeous “wat tham sue” caves. Although that experience was wonderful, the one I cherish most is my time volunteering at a Bangkok orphanage. Despite that most of the children there were from abusive or severely impoverished families, their smiles and attitudes were brighter than any others I have ever encountered. They taught me a valuable lesson about the power of the human spirit.

What do you hope to be doing in ten years?

In my career, I hope to be a steadily working and well-respected film actor. I hope to have achieved a reputation and recognition level that allows me to reach many people with my work. I really believe that each of us is blessed in life and that we all must use this blessing to advance humanity in any way that we can.

In my personal life, I have a goal of seeing all Seven Wonders of the World by the age of 30. I have already been to the Great Wall of China; the Taj Mahal in India; the Roman Colosseum in Italy; and Chichen itza in Mexico, so I only have three more to go! I would also like to someday be able to play a classical song on the piano and win a Best Actress award for my film work. Finally, but most importantly, I want to be a loving mother and great role model for my children in the same way that my mother always was for me.


Interview video clips

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
Channel
http://www.universalqueen.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment